A wherigo is a unique type of geocache. They have a physical container like a traditional cache and immerse you in unique experience a bit like an adventure lab. They are truly one or a kind. However, they also present some unique challenges. From trying to create a wherigo to trying to load the cartridge, these geocaches are known for frustrating geocahers. In this episode, I talk with fellow geocacher, Steve Miller, about wherigo geocaches. We take a look about how to create them, how to play them, and how they compare to adventure labs.
– Wherigo Caches (geocaching.com)
– Geocaching 101 – What are Wherigo Geocaches (The Aussie Geocacher, YouTube)
– Reverse Wherigo Geocache (Geocaching with Halemeister, YouTube)
– How to Load Wherigoes in the Geooh Go App (Geocache Adventures, YouTube)
– Loading Wherigoes in the Android Wheryougo App (Geocache Adventures, YouTube)
0:50 – Introducing Steve Miller
6:21 – What are Wherigo geocaches?
9:34 – Some enhanced features of Wherigoes
16:12 – Wherigo vs Adventure Lab
19:39 – Making a Wherigo cartridge
26:48 – Getting Wherigoes to play
29:41 – Reverse Wherigo
34:53 – The cache page, counting towards different challenges, and more
47:53 – Steve’s favorite wherigo creation